The Democratic Alliance (DA) believes that is time to deal with General "Mojo" Motau, Chairperson of Armscor, together with his colleges on the Armscor board who seem to believe that they can zoom around the world behaving like Fortune 500 fat cats.
Members of Armscor's board recently attend the DSEI defence exhibition in the United Kingdom between 13 September 2011 and 16 September 2011.
The delegation included "Mojo" Motau, Chairperson of Armscor, and Sipho Mkwanazi, Acting Chief Executive Officer of Armscor, together with a number of non-executive directors of the Armscor board.
While on the trip no expense seems to have been spared by Armscor including business class flights, luxury hotels and the use of a limousine service in the United Kingdom.
The Chairperson of Armscor, "Mojo" Motau needs to explain to parliament:
- Why it was necessary for the delegation to include non-executive directors including at least Dr RR Mgijima, Mr SA Msibi and Mr LW Mosiako?
- Was it really necessary for the delegation to book rooms in luxury hotels on the same night they were flying to the United Kingdom so as not to have to wait to check-in?
- Why were rooms booked and paid for at luxury hotels for six days when some members stayed for less than six days?
- Why was it necessary to use a luxury limousine service to transport members of the delegation?
- Why was it necessary for the delegation to be transported from their luxury hotels to the National Gallery in London?