From Jorgen Schäfer’s Homepage:
“We should just abolish money and return to barter.” Such and similar phrases are sometimes heard in anarchist debate. It usually shows a basic misunderstanding of the nature of money. This essay tries to explain what it would really take to abolish money, and what would not be enough. Once this is understood, and some possible ways to have moneyless economies are known, it should be easier for everyone to decide on whether they really want to abolish money.
everything FREE! An introduction to The Free World Charter.
Zimbabwe Health Care, Paid With Peanuts
People lined up on the veranda of the American mission hospital here from miles around to barter for doctor visits and medicines, clutching scrawny chickens, squirming goats and buckets of maize. But mostly, they arrived with sacks of peanuts on their heads.
L.E.T.S Timebank to beat the local economy blues
I can’t help feeling its very timely to have Avalon Fairshares back in action.
Smothering the Flames of Revolution in Tibet
On October 1, China’s National Day, Tibetans' flames of protest erupted in the Sichuan, fanning a tired message of independence and religious freedom. Two teenage Tibetan monks set themselves on fire during a protest, demanding the return of the Dalai Lama and for Tibetan autonomy.
The people finally realized that we are serfs in a feudalistic system
My job as an economic hit man during the 1970s was to enslave nations that had resources our corporations coveted by burdening them with debts they could never repay. We then demanded that they sell those resources cheap, without social or environmental regulations, to our corporations.
Hugh Laurie: "Antidisestablishmentarianism"
Peru’s Congress approves 10-year GMO ban
Peru’s Congress announced Friday it overwhelmingly approved a 10-year moratorium on imports of genetically modified organisms in order to safeguard the country’s biodiversity.
ayaklan / occupy istanbul kasım 5 / nov. 5th 2011
GENERAL STRIKE, children's brigade, decolonize oakland
Monday, November 7, 2011
From Jorgen Schäfer’s Homepage:
- Cartoonist Alan Moore, the Guy Fawkes Mask, and Occupy Wall Street
- 'The History of Oil - by Robert Newman
- Can Dialectics Break Bricks?
- Riots or revolt? - An insight into why Greece is now in flames
- Salvador Dali expounds on his 'Paranoiac Critical Method' philosophy
- The Last Roundup
- The Merchant of Death: Basil Zaharoff
- UPDATED: Warriors out of their minds: Drugs of choice for super soldiers
- Holocaust Deniers - a growing club
- Smokey the Bear Sutra by Gary Snyder
- Twilight of the Psychopaths
- The Bankers' Manifesto of 1892
- Jacques Ellul on Propaganda
Last Month's 13 Most Viewed Entries
- The pineal gland: Interface between the physical and spiritual planes?
- Uganda: Devil worship
- Obama and the Anti-Christ
- '1984: Grace Commission Report under Ronald Reagan showed IRS is a fraud that collects taxes for the Banking Dynasties'
- The Illuminated Ones
- Martial Law declared in United States
- Illuminati Occult Symbolism in The 2012 London Olympics Opening Ceremony
- Israeli women take off clothes for Egypt “nude revolutionary” blogger
- The Bollywood star who nearly became Pakistan's First Lady
- Belgian Police brutality in action! Warning- this is upsetting
- Gregg Braden - A Field Exists That Connects Everything Together - The Ether Field
- Noble Gas Engine
- Hopi and Tibetan Buddhist Prophecies - The Connection