From The Growing Movement Against Electromagnetic Contamination by Chellis Glendinning, CounterPunch
* An international gathering of scientists issues the Salzburg Resolution -- proclaiming that no low-end threshold for safe exposure exists for electromagnetic and radio-frequency radiation.
* In Cyprus demonstrators pour into the streets and fight police to protest Britain’s planned military communications towers and demand the release of their prime minister -- in jail for doing civil disobedience atop a 160-foot mast.
* Thousands of medical doctors and healthcare practitioners sign the Freiberg Appeal -- calling for tougher guidelines for EMF/RF exposure.
* After witnessing the biggest-ever protest meeting of a village in northern New Mexico, the local school board cancels an already-signed contract to erect cell towers on its schools.
* The Catholic Church in Italy calls for cell phone antennas to be removed from bell towers, branding them dangerous to human health and spiritually “out of keeping.”
* In England and Ireland outraged citizens bulldoze down cell towers –- as many as four in England and four in Northern Ireland each week.
* The International Association of Firefighters calls for a moratorium on citing cell-phone antennas on fire stations.