As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice leveled against the Lord, we must not lose sight of what binds us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the evil forces of the ruler of this world (Jn 12:31) who was a murderer from the beginning and the father of lies (Jn 8:44,45,) can know that we are your allies.
As one Mystical Body, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of the members of that Body; that there may be no discord in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another, so that if one member suffers, all suffer together (1Cor 12:25-26,) and it is up to the individual members to escape from the corruption that is in the world because of passion, and become partakers of the divine nature (2Pt 1:4,) and to help their neighbors do the same; that there is no authority except from God (Rom 13:1,) but the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking some one to devour (1Pet 5:8) to deprive God of the people whom He obtained with the blood of His own (Act 20:28;) and that no true peace is attainable but the peace of God, which passes all understanding (Phil 4:7.) We come to you at a time when the devil and his children, who place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, assail the world. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our duty, to let these facts be known.
- They have misused God’s houses, for when used properly the body is a temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 6:19,) through a sinful process, despite not having the original claim to the body.
- They have taken graces from the Lord, who makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust (Mt 5:45) with impunity, and continue to give Him nothing in return.
- They have perpetuated inequality in their relationship with God based on greed, sloth, envy, wrath, gluttony, pride, and lust.
- They have cast aside their own spiritual food (cf 1Cor 10:3) through negligence, and undermined the supply of others’ spiritual food through religious persecution.
- They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless saints.