Our intention was to make a much longer "short" movie, but we found out halfway through the shooting that the camera had a faulty diaphragm and when we received the developed film, a good part of it was totally useless. We had to rewrite the story based on what was left. There was no way to synchronize the character's mouth with the script. On hearing the editor speaking in Basque, we decided to have a new speech for our character, all spoken in Basque with some added equalizing, in order to make the voice really dry and mechanical.
It is only available in Basque with subtitles in Spanish.
It took us about 4 months to build the animated robot and the stage set. 72 hours of filming (including a non-stop 26 hours session) and about 3 weeks of editing and post-production. The studio, equipment and film development were graciously offered by the CECC, a film school based in Catalonia, Spain). My contribution to this was co-writing the original idea, designing the robot and the set and defining the overall grungy, degraded look of the movie.